Alimentación fluvial

Terminology that is not used by the general population and is more specific to technology, insurance, agriculture, construction, geology, machinery, engineering, etc.

Terminología que no es usada por el público en general y es más específica para tecnología, seguros, agricultura, construcción, geología, maquinaria, ingeniería, etc.

Alimentación fluvial

Postby Tedel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 pm


I need the term alimentación fluvial in English, please. The idea is that this phrase introduces a short list which explains how rivers get their water.

Is there any expert in geography here in the forum :?: Thanks in advance for your help.
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Peru

Re: Alimentación fluvial

Postby WMLinguisticAnalyst » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:54 am

i would translate it as

fluvial intake

be aware that RIVER INTAKE is not the same as FLUVIAL INTAKE, even though they might seem the same. A river intake is when the river is deflected towards a structure for feeding a lake or city. The fluvial intake is what you're looking for

Best rgds,

Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Return to Specialized Terminology / Terminología Especializada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests