Page 1 of 1

Alimentación fluvial

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 pm
by Tedel

I need the term alimentación fluvial in English, please. The idea is that this phrase introduces a short list which explains how rivers get their water.

Is there any expert in geography here in the forum :?: Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Alimentación fluvial

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:54 am
by WMLinguisticAnalyst
i would translate it as

fluvial intake

be aware that RIVER INTAKE is not the same as FLUVIAL INTAKE, even though they might seem the same. A river intake is when the river is deflected towards a structure for feeding a lake or city. The fluvial intake is what you're looking for

Best rgds,