Furniture

Terminology that is not used by the general population and is more specific to technology, insurance, agriculture, construction, geology, machinery, engineering, etc.

Terminología que no es usada por el público en general y es más específica para tecnología, seguros, agricultura, construcción, geología, maquinaria, ingeniería, etc.

Furniture

Postby andabaza » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I have a Spanish to English translation project where I have to translate many Spanish words (it is a furniture store website) and I don't know how to translate the following words:

cambiador (the furniture where you change your baby's diaper)?
estantero
perchero
cuna-cama (a crib that transforms itself to a bed)?

Please help!
andabaza

Re: Furniture

Postby ricardoarguellojr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Un cambiador es un changing table

Un estantero es aparentemente un mueble de estantes, y podría ser sinónimo de estantería (ver http://www.wordmagicsoft.com/dictionary ... er%EDa.php). La traducción sería tal vez set of shelves. Esta palabra al parecer es un costarriqueñismo.

Un perchero se puede traducir como clothes rack (ver http://www.wordmagicsoft.com/dictionary ... rchero.php)

Una cuna-cama podría ser un crib bed.

Espero que estas respuestas te ayuden...
ricardoarguellojr

Postby andabaza » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for your reply and the useful suggestions!
andabaza

Postby bell22 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:57 am

Glad that you got the meaning. Can you show me the list to your store? I'm interested to see it actually ;)
bell22

Postby halinacriz » Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 am

Home is very essential things for every person's life as well as furniture is most important things for beautiful home. There are many type of furniture available in markets with different type of material as well as looks, quality and so on. Furniture is very useful and safety things in home.
halinacriz

Postby williamsyorks » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Some manufacturers provide furniture upholstered products already filled with natural materials such as recycled foam.
williamsyorks

Return to Specialized Terminology / Terminología Especializada